- At a first glance the Haywire has everything you need from a shoe and it lives up to the exceptions massively. The one piece molded sole is super flexible in the midsole meaning that you get amazing precision, help build mid-foot strength and you can sizes it down to get a perfect fit.
- Khaled was a climber and hence, knows where the remote climbs are located. On the 25th, we drove to within three kilometers of the Saudi Arabian border to do a climb called The Haj (5.9, 600 feet). Once Khaled drove away (promising to return at 4pm), we were enveloped in the vastness of the desert. We were far enough from camp that if Khaled didn’t return, it would be a challenge to make it back alive. This setting was why we came to Jordan.
Our engineers have devised a way to make sticky climbing-grade rubber flow into the molds. This will be the first ever climbing shoe to utilize this technology for the entire toe box. Using this method has many benefits for climbing....
- During the month of May 2018, Mad Rock athlete Christopher Miller traveled to the Grampians, one of Australia's rock climbing meccas. This year, however, he left his rope and harness behind, shifting his focus to the boulders.
- As I stand and straighten out my right leg, I sigh as now the process needs to be repeated. I think to myself how top roping has never been this difficult – ever.
- After 6 days of effort, I was finally able to link the shoulder breaking first move, the dreaded foot traverse, the tricky horizontal arete, the unintuitive hand flip, and the sharp finish to produce possibly Joe’s Valley’s hardest boulder problem!